How do you know when it’s time to see a therapist?
Therapy is a wonderful treatment for many of life’s problems. Most people can benefit from therapy at least some point in their lives. Everyone experiences periods of stress, sadness, grief and conflict; but usually they last a short period of time. Sometimes the signs are obvious but at other times, you know something isn’t right but you just can’t seem to figure out what it is.
Here are some signs it might be time to set up an appointment:
• A problem causes significant distress in your everyday life
• You've suffered a trauma and can't seem to stop thinking about it
• You’re getting bad feedback at work
• You're using a substance to cope
• Your relationships are strained
• You feel helpless when you’re stressed
• You’ve lost someone or something important to you
• Nothing you’ve done seems to have helped
If you’d like to find out more about how therapy can help you, please feel free to contact me at 586-222-0616
for a free phone consultation.